How to find a bailiff ?
Finding a competent enforcement authority
Both State and Private Bailiffs are competent in a specific area of the country. State Bailiffs’ jurisdiction is limited to the territory of Regional Courts (first instance courts), and for the Private Bailiffs – to the territory of District Courts (second instance courts).
- debtors’ domicile/registered address
- the property (movable or immovable) which is the object of enforcement
- the movable property, to be repossessed by the creditor
- creditor’s or debtor’s domicile, by choice of the creditor, for alimony, child support, labour and compensation of damages cases
- execution of a certain action or the cease and desist of a certain action.
- Select the country “Bulgaria” in the FAB directory;
- Indicate the name of the city/zip code of the recipient’s (or debtor’s) principal residence.
- Select a bailiff in the proposed list.
The enforcement case can be initiated with a Bailiff, with territorial jurisdiction on the place of :
A list of most State Bailiffs can be found on the web page of the Association of Bulgarian State Bailiffs
A list of all Private Bailiffs can be found on the web page of the Chamber of Private Bailiffs
Selecting a Bailiff through the online procedure
In practice, a territorially incompetent bailiff can transmit your request to a competent colleague.